Joined in Jul 2009

770 Beiträge
19. March 2019
That's just one of my bad habits.
Moh1336
Joined in Sep 2009

10 Beiträge
26. March 2019
All cards should be purchasable via credits in the standard way. I have no issue with timed exclusive for events, but after the fact they should all become purchasable after a reasonable time frame.

I have no issue with special events in general, only having cards permanently restricted to the events. It is alienating.

Just to put it into perspective; I am not in a situation where it is feasible to drop money for credits on a regular basis any more due to health issues. I might buy some once or twice a year, I came here to day to catch up with the general comings and goings and with the intent of buying credits to get a few of the cards on my wishlist.

Today is the first time I heard about special event cards, do I feel ***** by the fact there's cards I missed and can't buy? 100% yes, to the point where I will not be buying any credits/cards today. I wish that was a joke, I really do.

Exclusives whether through purchase deals, events, or other wise really annoy me. I've been around long enough to remember when Totem gave free cards out (weekly?) and now 10 years later we're at a point where they have gone completely the other way and are restricting you from even buying certain cards.

TBH I can't understand why any one would be surprised by the negativity this has caused.

I did take part previously in the games through the client, but knowing now about Special Event cards, I will no longer be involved in any "random" or "gambling" style games going forward. I'll stick to direct card purchases only.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 Beiträge
26. March 2019
All cards should be purchasable via credits in the standard way. I have no issue with timed exclusive for events, but after the fact they should all become purchasable after a reasonable time frame.
I agree
xfmmx
Joined in Jun 2010

26 Beiträge
22. June 2019
All cards should be purchasable via credits in the standard way. I have no issue with timed exclusive for events, but after the fact they should all become purchasable after a reasonable time frame. I agree

Yup, to have them locked out is frustrating. I'm tired of the games.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
22. June 2019
Then don't play. but please stop asking Totem to break a contract. It is OK to ask that new special event cards are time limited, but not that old ones change their status.
Xrystyrion
Joined in Apr 2019

8 Beiträge
22. June 2019
I just blew all my credits on this scratchy event. I reloaded again so I can try to get a special event card. After about 10 scratchies I blew all my credits again... nothing.

Never again. It's a scam tactic to drain your money and i'm a fool. 😢 💔
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
22. June 2019 (edited)
Never again. It's a scam tactic to drain your money and i'm a fool.

Its a gamble - and like any gamble there will be some who win and some who lose. As far as I can tell the odds on Totem's offers seem to be about equally balanced between winning and losing - we just tend to see the losers ***** more than winners celebrating.
Corbomite
Joined in Aug 2015

82 Beiträge
23. June 2019 (edited)
All cards should be purchasable via credits in the standard way.

This belief is really the crux of the discussion in this thread and so many others. Admittedly, special event cards are different than how VGHD/iStripper has worked in the past, but it's not inherently "wrong" or even disrespectful to loyal customers. It's a commonly used model in the collectables business.

For example, I know people who have literally crates full of Magic the Gathering cards representing thousands of dollars of investment over years of playing, but that doesn't mean they get to buy the rare cards in each new release for the price of a single booster pack. Some of them do gamble and spend crazy amounts of money on sealed packs in hopes of getting the rare cards they want, but it's usually frustrating and futile. Most players eventually accept the fact that there are some cards they really want but might never get and they learn to enjoy playing the game with the cards they have. Again, that's a change in the iStripper model, but if Totem chooses to keep producing special event cards, users will probably change their expectations accordingly.

Regarding gambling, some people actually do enjoy it whether they win or lose. For everyone else, I'd recommend that they abstain from the slot machine and scratch card promotions and just buy themselves a card or two for full price at the end of the week as a reward for resisting tempation. Most will find themselves far happier for it. 😊
Mii88
Joined in Mar 2013

17 Beiträge
23. June 2019
I wouldn't mind abstaining from the slot machine, scratch cards, mystery cards if we had other choices but this is all we get. Theres no option these day that isn't gambling. Gambling is something I find very boring. i just dont understand why we cant have some of the simple promos back such as 5%, 10%, 20% off nurses / big boobs / russian girls or something new. The last 18 months have been a continous cycle of the same boring gambling games.
Mii88
Joined in Mar 2013

17 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Re something new how about the chance to win a models outfit. Or as per the topic 100 choosen at random to win a special event card either free for all members to enter as a spcial Christmas gift competition or for a small amount tokens so people don't feel ripped of chasing the cards. How about 1 winner gets to have a special clip made for them where the model dedicates it to them. Its not that difficult to think of ideas. It doesnt just have to be discounts please just something different instead of the same boring games going round. Fridays have become sush a non event where they used to be something to look forward to.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019 (edited)
@Mii88 - re. your first post. It probably has something to do with how well the special offers do for Totem. You must realise that any such offer made by any commercial concern is almost always done primarily for their benefit, not the customer's - who may, of course, also benefit. Offering simple discounts, certainly if they are predictable ahead of time, may not do as well as other forms of inducement to buy (because they will tend to reduce full price sales).

Re. "how about the chance to win a models outfit". Totem used to offer this, as a free option to triple diamond members. They replaced it with auctioning them shortly after one winner of the lottery himself sold his prize on e-bay and Totem, presumably, realised that it could be a source of income rather than a cost.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
What contract now? I mean I refuse to argue with Emu ever again cause that is such a fustrating thing to do, but this is the first time I ever heard something like a contract being involved. That is a legal binding agreement.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019
yees - it is a legal agreement. Totem offer the card under certain conditions and I and others accepted those condotions. That is a contract that was offered by Totem and accepted by the purchasers. Just like the contract when smething is offered for sale in a shop.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
yees - it is a legal agreement. Totem offer the card under certain conditions and I and others accepted those condotions. That is a contract that was offered by Totem and accepted by the purchasers. Just like the contract when smething is offered for sale in a shop.

Yeah that's not a contract...
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019 (edited)
Ask a lawer and he or she will tell you that it is.
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Pretty sure they wont, maybe an agreement at the time but contracts in general are more formal and require more paperwork. They also tend to have a limit to them, like when a condition is met or after certain time is expired. You don't know what you are talking about
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019 (edited)
see http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/contract.html which says

A voluntary, deliberate, and legally binding agreement between two or more competent parties. Contracts are usually written but may be spoken or implied, and generally have to do with employment, sale or lease, or tenancy.

A contractual relationship is evidenced by (1) an offer, (2) acceptance of the offer, and a (3) valid (legal and valuable) consideration. Each party to a contract acquires rights and duties relative to the rights and duties of the other parties
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Yeah and this isn't legally binding and unless you make a loss for your sale (which considering you cannot sell these cards or your account without violating terms of service) it doesn't make it a contract. Ah ***** here I go again arguing with Emu after saying I wont. Either way beleive what you want, but if they do decide to start selling them as normal (just like how they decided to give people another chance to win them through games of luck, which would have violated these supposed contracts) feel free to try and sue them and give us the details.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Where does the definition mention that money has to be involved?
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Where did I say money, I used the term sales like it mentioned in your definition XD
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Fact is unless you can prove a 'loss' from them violating this supposed 'contract' then you would have a case, but you don't get a loss, outside of your ego I suppose, if they ever decided to sell them as normal. Again by your own outlook they already 'violated' your supposed 'contract' by putting them up as possible winnings in chances of luck. So...*Shrugs*
CwHart
Joined in Jan 2014

87 Beiträge
23. June 2019
Also gonna say I fully support the notion of making them sellable as normal, even though I have all the exclusive ones that I actually want. Don't care what you think, my last message, peace
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019 (edited)
The important part is the last sentance that I quoted

Each party to a contract acquires rights and duties relative to the rights and duties of the other parties

Totem "acquired the duty" not to sell the cards, I and many others got the right that those cards would not be sold.

If they were sold and someone did sue for breaking such a contract then they would likely to win - but the damages awarded would be minimal making it very unlikely that anyone would bother.

I don't like the exclusive card idea any more than you do, but that has no bearing on whether it would be right to break the implied contract or not.
GreyWolfNH
Joined in Jul 2011

40 Beiträge
23. June 2019
I do not mind exclusives that are difficult to acquire, but it's a bit out of sorts for people like me with demanding work schedules, who simply cannot log into the software every weekend to catch all of the special events.

Some path to purchasing or "earning" exclusive cards would be most appreciated.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 Beiträge
23. June 2019
@GreyWolfNH - I absolutely agree, and have said so several times, but you can't expect the rules to be changed retrospectively, only for new special event cards.
HansSachs
Joined in Mar 2016

949 Beiträge
23. June 2019
I hope there will NOT be any new special event card...
In any case:
Also gonna say I fully support the notion of making them sellable as normal
I too.
orclover
Joined in Jun 2012

740 Beiträge
23. June 2019
I hope there will NOT be any new special event card...
In any case:
Also gonna say I fully support the notion of making them sellable as normalI too.

I believe the special event cards will stop.

Logic dictates that with each event there are going to be people who spent credits but didn't win anything. Every event will have a smaller % of people participating and the number of cards sitting on the server not making money will grow. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have another special event card and they figured out a smart way to get the special cards up for sale daily.

It was an experiment and probably injected their coffers with some capitol...AND they have upgraded their cameras, sets, stage, and are bringing in more props. Overall it was a smart decision if it allowed them to upgrade for the future
Corbomite
Joined in Aug 2015

82 Beiträge
23. June 2019
@orclover, I'm not sure I follow your reasoning above.
Logic dictates that with each event there are going to be people who spent credits but didn't win anything.
Yes, that's definitely true. I played the scratch card game when it first came out, mostly for the novelty. I won a couple cards that I didn't like and haven't played since because I only want 1 of the 4 special event cards that I don't have.
Every event will have a smaller % of people participating and the number of cards sitting on the server not making money will grow.
If Totem continues to make special event cards, then eventually there will be enough special event cards that I want to make me willing to gamble again to get them. The question is whether people like me who would be incentivized by more special cards would outweigh those who have become disgusted with Totem (and themselves for overspending) and would never participate in the gambling promotions again to get those cards.

Also, I'm not sure if people are generally as smart as you consider them. I know plenty of people who have lost more than they have won in Las Vegas and on lotto cards, but somehow that doesn't discourage them from continuing to gamble. 😕
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1025 Beiträge
24. June 2019
Regarding contracts. I agree with @TheEmu about what makes a contract. On the other hand, enforcing an unwritten contract is a lot harder than enforcing a written one.
KatzPaw
Joined in Apr 2015

395 Beiträge
26. June 2019
I think of the 1000's of hours of amazing women on my desktop over the years is totally worth throwing money at Totem. Just can't do it if I am broke lol. The better the profits the more cool things over all we get, like the new amazing VR shows .... that was the last thing I expected and I LOVE THEM. Quality models .... like Lorena Garcia who they should be throwing all this cash we are giving to get her in the studio :P

Everything is going to be ok!

Noch keine Teilnahmeberechtigung

Als ein Gratisnutzer von iStripper bist du nicht berechtigt Beiträge zu schreiben oder neue Topics zu starten.
Aber du hast Zugriff auf die grundlegenden Bereiche und kannst unsere Community kennen lernen